31.5.12

He is HERE!!!

Proud to announce the arrival of:   RIDGE CARTER TAYLOR!!!
He finally decided to come. Ridge ended up being 6 days late! The little stink! :) On Wednesday about half way through the day I got thinking that I hadn't felt the baby move much that day and that was a little worrisome. So I told Josh I thought we should go in and check the heart beat.
We got to the labor and delivery floor about 6:30 pm. Wednesday night.  They said he seemed to be doing fine and of course he started moving like crazy. After a while they came to check on him and me and said I was having really regular contractions so they might just keep me there. Well I had been having good contractions for a couple days by that point. I guess I didn't think they were hard or consistent enough.
I was dilated to a 4. At 9:00 pm they told me I was staying. I just labored and rested for a couple hours. I got the epidural at 11:30 or so and just kept laboring.  I was dilated to a 8 at this point.
Ridge didn't want to come down. He wasn't really progressing. And the Dr started talking about just having a c-section. But I wasn't giving up that easy! They turned off the epidural at about 2am and said it was almost time to push. At 2:30am. I started pushing and the epidural had wore off just enough that I could feel enough to be effective in my pushing but I wasn't in much pain. And at 2:59 he was born!
Now he is one BIG boy! He weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs. 8 oz.! can you believe it?? He is so big! I look at him and can't get over how big he is! I have good size babies but not that big. My biggest was Leah who weighed 8lbs 3oz! That's a big jump!


They had silly hats they kept putting one him.
The proud momma:


 The kids came that next morning! They were so excited and all wanted to hold him. It took Brock a few minutes to understand what was going on. Garrett and Leah had a turn holding him and once it was Brock's turn he wasn't giving him up. He sat in the chair for a good 10 or 15 minutes and wouldn't let anyone hold him or take him from him. he was loving the baby. Thats all he could say was 'babee'!

Later in the day today we went and got Garrett and had him come hang out with us in the room because they were so sad to leave and we played games with him and he got more turns holding the baby. We then switched and had Leah come back to the hospital and hang out for a while too. I think they liked that one on one time.
We are planning to go home tomorrow morning! We are excited to be home! One good thing about him being so big is having him be nice and sturdy for his Brothers and Sister to love on!
Oh and a HUGE thank you to my sister in law who has come up to help me with the baby and chores. She came up a week ago and has been so good to hang out and wait with me to have this baby! Now that he is here I can be on the mend and hopefully feel good soon!! Although I already feel GREAT!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations and holy crap. Halle was 10 lbs 2 oz and I thought she was huge. Lets just say I am way impressed Jill. You looked great in the zoo pictures, where did you put that huge boy? I did learn that big babies are way easier though. Halle slept way better than Gid and Grace ever did, plus like you said there is much there to hold for little ones. Congratulations to both of you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! You are amazing. I can't believe how big he was. I'm so glad that he is here and you are done being pregnant. Way to hold on for 6 days. I'm also glad to hear that Trish is still there. I was worried. Congratulations. He is very cute and it is fun to see your kids with him. Enjoy your new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And wow, that is a big baby! Good luck with sleep and enjoy your sweet new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So CUTE! CONGRATULATIONS! I miss all your adorable children and can't wait to meet the new one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jill and Josh! So happy for you guys! Hopefully that big baby means he'll sleep a lot at night=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went 10 days over with two of mine. (David & Kim) But they were only 8 lb 5 1/2 oz and 8 lb 6 oz. That was plenty big enough for me. Way to go girl. You look amazing and the pictures of your kids holding Ridge are darling. Hope everything goes well. David was also my one that slept from 10 pm to 6 am after only 3 days. I was soooooooo happy with that.

    Love you tons. Aunt Colleen

    ReplyDelete