22.5.11

Primary Children's....

We loved our time at Primary Children's. We hope never to go back. But we were impressed with it.
They were very accommitating to children (obviously). But i wasn't awear of how kid friendly they were. I really think they try to make the children's stay as pleasent as possible, as far as things for them to do.
Every day maybe even twice a day we would take Brock for a walk. They had little wagons for them to ride in, which Brock loved! They unhooked him from all the machines and encouraged us to take him out and about. On our floor they had places to go out, like a roof top landing.
They had little gowns for him to wear! ...so CUTE! As well as bringing in toys for just him to play with they had a little play room they could go play in. Just so they could get out of there little room. They also had shelves full of books and movies you could take to your room.
All the walls were painted, very cutely. So everywhere we walked there were cute things to look at on the walls. On our floor they had this big round fish tank in a wall for them to look at.
When we first got to our room at 3 o'clock in the morning they had a crib for brock to sleep in, which would have been nice, if Brock wanted to sleep in it. But he wasn't comfortable and everytime he rolled over he got tangled, so that night i just slept with him in the rocking chair.
They had a one man fold out chair/couch thing where Josh slept, because i wanted to hold Brock. But because Josh and i were both staying they asked if we wanted a bed. I told them that would be very nice. They then told me i would have to sleep with Brock and couldn't leave him unattented. Deal. I slept great the next two nights. The cafeteria was pretty good. as good as cafeteria food can be. :) we ate there most of the time there.
I found it kind of relaxing. they had pretty good TV channels, including a movie channel, with mostly kids shows. which is another nice thing they have for kids staying there. But we don't have a TV, so that was fun for me.
Over all we were very impressed. I enjoyed the break from everyday life. although i would have probably picked a much cheaper and funner 'break'. :D

5 comments:

  1. So nice to be be taken such good care of during such times of duress. He looks happy, that's a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Primary's. Is a great hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to post a comment and it kept going again & again to my google address sign in and never added my comment when the typed in the weird letters. Hopefully this time it will work. I too love Primary Children's hospital. They really do care about children. I always cry when I am there because I hate to see little ones suffering. They are so helpless. Brock however looks great. So happy for you all.

    Love Aunt Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a cutie! I hope he is doing great! Looking at these pictures makes me so sad!

    ReplyDelete