23.8.10

Our New Arrival!!

Brock Howard Taylor is here!! Brock was born Sunday, Aug. 22 at 5:26 am. He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz. Everything went really well. I woke up Saturday Night about 1:30 am. having contractions. about 2:15 i took a ginger bath which is suppose to stop your contractions if it is false labor and increase your contractions if it is real labor. Well they increased and I called my mom about an hour later at 3:30 to have her come stay at my house with the kids. We got to the hospital about 4:20. They checked me and said 'oh my gosh you are dialated to a 8 and your bag is bulging. You might not have time for an epidural.' I did NOT want to do it without an epidural!!! The epidural guy wasn't even at the hospital, so by the time he got there it was to late. The Dr. said the epidural wouldn't even have time to take before the baby came. And Brock was born 20 minutes later postier, with no epidural! It was one of the worst things I have gone through. But I DID IT!! It was good it went so fast because I don't know that i could have done much more! My total labor, delivery, everything was 4 hours. ....can't ask for much better. The proud Momma. I swore i was going to look good when i went in to have this baby. Every morning i would do my hair nice, make sure i had earings in, shave my legs, everything. Then he decided to come in the middle of the night when my hair was already up. And i had a ton of mascara on from the day before, that was all over my face, after ward. That no body told me about, i found out when i got up to go the bathroom the first time and my make up was everywhere. I guess Josh hasn't figured out that that is his job to tell me. :)
Garrett is all about this baby! Leah i guess is a little young and it probably hasn't sunk in yet. On the way to the hospital Garrett told my mom that he was going to help the Dr. take his baby out. When he got there he asked me if I had another one baby in my belly. :) How sweet huh?!
The proud parents!
Our perfect baby boy!
Ready to go home! We got to go home the next morning. I have been feeling really really good. This is by far the best recovery. The worst pain it just the uterus contracting, which is mostly when i am nursing. My back does hurt but i think that is from delivering postier, and from uncomfortable couches, chairs, and that hospital bed!
The BOYS!! We have only had a couple hours at home with just us. Leah was asleep most of the time. And actually so was i and Brock. Garrett and Daddy are so happy and proud of their new little baby!
We went to katies house for a little dinner for Cambree. Brock was actually born on her birthday so they will share the day with one another. And Leah's birthday is in about 2 weeks, so we might just do all 3 birthdays together over the years! WE ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE BROCK IN OUR FAMILY. WE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER AND MORE EXCITED TO HAVE HIM IN OUR FAMILY. HE IS THE SWEETEST LITTLE BABY. REALLY QUITE AND CONTENT. SLEEPS REALLY WELL. NURSES REALLY WELL, FROM THE VERY BEGINNING! WE ARE SO BLESSED THAT EVERYTHING WENT SO WELL, AND THAT HE IS HEALTHY AND THAT WE ARE DOING SO WELL.
thanks for bearing with me the last couple weeks as i was so miserable and wanting to not be pregnant anymore. you were very sympathetic!

15 comments:

  1. Oh Jill! You had your baby! I was shocked to find out through the blog but after reading what you went through, I will forgive you. :) You are so freakin tough. I mean that picture of you first holding the baby looks tough! I started getting teary eyed reading about your new baby. Man it's such a special time. Not to mention he is sooooo cute. Call me girl when you get feeling good. Oh, he's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe how fast that went. And I can't believe you had to do it without an epidural. He's so cute! Here's hoping the sleeping and nursing continue to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Congratulations! He is perfect! Way to go... recovery is better without epidurals I think. Though, going in planning on not having an epidural is much better than being forced to go without. But you did it!!! And he's here! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TEAM TAYLOR24/8/10 06:59

    CONGRATULATIONS! BROCK IS SO DANG CUTE AND YOU LOOK GREAT (EVEN WITH A LITTLE BIT OF MESSY MASCARA)! YOU ARE SO TOUGH TO DO IT WITHOUT AN EPIDURAL. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE BROCK IN PERSON! GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! Brock is such a precious little thing! And go Jill on going without an epideral. Never could I do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! He is so cute! I have been anxiously awaiting any news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally here! You deserve a cute little baby after all you've been through. Hope all goes well with three kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's adorable!! And you look great, Jill!!! You just had a baby for crying out loud! You look pretty dang good for what you just went through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS! Bizzy was so excited to see that you had your baby:) He is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Congrats! Can't wait to meet him in person - hopefully soon! Now that you've experienced birth w/o and epidural - you can use that to your advantage THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! That' one-ups any story of pain, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, Brock is so cute! CONGRATS! And holy cow! I'm so proud of you for doing it all without an epidural; you definitely will have that as an advantage forever :-) Can't wait to see him in person! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! I was so excited when I saw your post! And good job with no drugs...you are definately stronger than I am:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! He is so darling! Your whole family is!!! With Ethan I wish I wouldn't have had the epidural, it didn't have time to take - so no happy there, and still had to pay for it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. JILL!! So exciting!!!! Congrats!! He is adorable!! Cambree and Brock will share a birthday just like me and Anne! How fun...
    I miss you and I'm so glad all went well! You have such a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woohoo! CONGRATS to you guys. He is perfect & good job on the no epidural!!

    ReplyDelete