It is finally getting warm here! We are loving every moment of it! We are doing well, making lots of progress. But it will still be a while til we will get to go back to Idaho. The kids and I are making some good friends and are finally feeling at home here. It takes a while to get really settled into a new place. I just got called to be the 2nd councelor in the primary presidency. I will love being in primary again.
It seems I've had a lot on my mind lately. I keep feeling like I have so many things I need and should be learning. I have been wanting to learn more about mothering. That I should be teaching my kids alot more about the gospel. I have been wanting to get on a better schedual of scripture study for myself also.
I need to learn all about gardening, canning/perserving foods and about the animals that we hope to raise when we go back to our land and home in idaho.
I want to find and research curriculums for homeschool, incase i decide to homeschool next year.
I have been learning and reading about health. But more then just whats on the surface. Deeper into health. Like why our bodys have so many sicknesses that they shouldn't and haven't had in history. Why all of sudden does everyone have cancer.
I want to get off sugar and refined foods completely and totally change our diets.
I know, I know, a little extreme. But i feel like i need to be making some changes and educating myself on so many things! And going back to the fundamentals of living.
There you have it, thats what is on my mind. :D

Hi Jilly,
ReplyDeleteI was at Lee's the other day and this nice lady came up to me and said that her daughter use to be one of my teachers at USU. I asked her if she was Jill's mom and she looked so shocked that I remember you. We chatted about you guys and it just brought back a lot of memories. I think about you lots and hope you are doing good, sounds like you guys are happy. Love Steph
I've had lots on my mind lately too. There is something definitely to be said for going back to the basics of living. Glad you're feeling a bit more at home there, I know how moving and starting fresh is. Do me a favor, though, don't put too much pressure on yourself to learn all you want right now. Take things in slowly so you can really process and learn what you want/need to. Ha! How's that for "wisdom" from your cousin.
ReplyDeleteI have kinda been feeling the same way about life and learning. It is a lot of work to make sure all the kids learn everything they need to know. I especially felt more pressure when the missionary age was lowered. To me that means they had better learn much more before they leave highschool. I am glad to hear you are doing well and adjusting. Are you in the camp trailer or did you move to an apartment?
ReplyDeleteJill you are so darn cute. Your family is darling. I am very proud of you and your desire to learn all that you can. I am still learning and will be the day I die. That is what life if all about. Congrats on enjoying life in small quarters. You quite a woman.
ReplyDeleteLove Aunt Colleen (We still miss you all!)