Hello Family and Friends! Its been awhile. As I have said before, I don't have a computer. That's my excuse!
We hit our one year mark of living in North Dakota on February 9th! We are still living in our RV. We survived the winter without freezing! We actually stayed really warm. It was a huge blessing! And we like living in the RV most days. Sometimes I have a moment of wanting a real home with bedrooms, doors, and a normal size kitchen! Oh and a big shower! :) But as Dave Ramsey says "live like no one else now so later you can live like no one else". So that's what we are doing, and have high hopes for the future!
Here is an update on each of us:
Josh: Is loving his job, but would love to have his own equipment and doing jobs for himself. But for now he is happy with driving the heavy haul truck! All the bosses and guys he works with really like him!
Me: I am staying busy with kids and daily chores. I am still trying to make it to the gym a couple times a week. And trying to make it through winter, and looking forward to spring and summer! I have attempted a few simple sewing projects lately and I'm excited to try a few more. Sorry I don't have pictures!
Garrett: is loving Kindergarten! He is learning lots and is really smart. I get to go help in his class once a week. We both really enjoy this. I love knowing the kids in the class, and knowing how he behaves. I like seeing how his teacher teaches and does things in the class. Plus I miss him during the day and it gives us something to look forward to, to break up the week.
Leah: is a great little helper! She's like a little mother, taking care of the babies and pretending. She is always inviting me 'over to her house'. And always giving orders to the other kids.
Brock: is a sweet little 2 year old....most of the time. He is small for his age and has a small sweet voice that melts your heart. not to mention his big blue eyes! And he is a little goof ball that keeps us laughing!
Ridge: is happy most of the time. He had slept through the night for the first 6 months but the last couple months he has been waking up multiple times in the night. we have got to work on that. He is 9 months now and is crawling all over the place. He has been standing up to the furniture for a couple months now but isn't showing any other signs of early walking. He is growing like crazy. He and Brock are sharing some of their clothes. Shirts mostly, but it won't be long before they are the same. I wouldn't be surprised if Ridge outgrows Brock! :)
Well that is the update with us. we don't have much news! I will try to do better about writing about the fun things we do!
HAPPY SPRING!

Oh, its nice to hear an update! Sounds like you are doing great! I'm so glad, I am not certain I could handle living in an RV as gracefully as you do! But I'm 100% certain its worth it so you can be all together! Being separated would be much more difficult for me.
ReplyDeleteI think about you guys all the time :). Glad you are doing well!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great update Jill! You, a Gym Rat? I would have never guessed! But of course, I love that you are! It's so great that you guys are happy up there. It just goes to show it's not what you have it's who your with! Love you girl!
ReplyDeleteWow, your kids are getting so big. Leah is so cute with her little tutu on. Thanks for updating, you will have to let us know when you come visit.
ReplyDeleteSounds like all is well. We miss you! I am glad that Josh loves his job. I am happy that Garret enjoys school and that you get to go and help twice a week. Leah is a little doll. Brock sounds like a cutie and Ridge could out grow Brock. David out grew Sean. Could Ridge have an ear infection? My kids would only wake up during the night when their ears were hurting.
ReplyDeleteLove you tons, Aunt Colleen