Background: my mom's dryer is broken, so she brings her wet clothes to my house to be dried. She was asked to speak in the saturday night session of her stake conference, which she was stressed about. When she realized the clothes she needed for the night were at my house she called and asked if i could possible bring them to her. I said i would and asked how wanted to ride with me. Leah was the only one who wanted to so we went. On our way home she rolled her window down, as I was rolling her window up i looked back to make sure i wasn't rolling her fingers up in the window and when I looked back at the road I found I was suppose to be going around a turn but wasn't. I was about to run off the road into the ditch so I instintly slammed on the brakes and over corrected. My back end swung around and as my car went into the ditch on the other side of the road it flipped on its side and then on its top.
Leah started screaming. understandable. and i just said we were okay, over and over again. Thankfully there was a lady behind me that saw the whole thing and stopped. She got to Leah really fast and as soon as she put her hand in the window to talk to Leah she calmed right down. It took me a second to figure out the best way to get out. how to hold myself and unbuckle my seat belt at the same time, so i didn't just fall. Leah and i were both just hanging by our seat belts. it was weird!
Anyway we got out and I called Josh and he came to get me. I was able to stay calm the whole time and thankfully we were all okay not even any bruses. I was sore the next day and today but thats IT!
I didn't have my purse with me, so i called josh to bring that but i didn't have my camera in it, like i always do but i had it out earlier that day. Josh got a few pictures on his camera but we can't figure out how to get them on the computer. if we figure out how i will post them later.
Anyway because we live in such a small town (of like 400 people) news travels FAST! We went to pick up Garrett and Brock at the friends house Josh left them at. I left my phone in the car, thnking we would be right out and then we ended up staying for dinner. when i got back to my phone i had missed 15 phone calls!! some where family but the others were from people who had heard and were worried. So i spend the next 2 hours on the phone talking to people to let them all know i was okay. a couple people found out because they looked out their windows with telescopes to see who it was... weird, i know.
anyway we are extremly blessed we were okay, and that i only had Leah. I am so glad I didn't have Brock. It all could have been much worse! well we are waiting to hear about the car, it was towed away.
(sorry this post is so long)
1 month ago

Woa... SO GLAD YOU'RE BOTH OK!!!! Scary!
ReplyDeleteThat is so scary. I'm so glad it wasn't worse.
ReplyDeleteJill, I'm so glad you & Leah are ok. That is terrifying!
ReplyDelete