19.4.10

MY BABY!! :(

Josh and I just started a family history class in our ward. On Sunday we went to the family history center, we left our kids at my parents house. After we had been there about 40 minutes I get a text from my brother saying "call me now!!" (my dad, brother and sister were the only ones home.) So i called Wyatt and he calmly tells me that Garrett got bit my the neighbors dog and that we might want to come look at him, to see if we want to take him in. I didn't really know whether to believe him or not (he tends to fib:)), and he was so calm I didn't think it was to big of an emergency but we left kind of casually and got home to find him with holes in his leg! And tons of bite marks that didn't puncture but looked bad! When we got there my dad and wyatt told us that Garrett had been out in the garden by himself and Marissa (my sister) was over at the neighbors house, who are the owners of the dog. They heard Garrett screaming and saw the dog biting Garretts leg and then the dog drug him about 25 feet across the garden, and then continued to bit him! thankfully the owners saw it and were there to get the dog off. Anyway we tooked him to the ER right away! He had 7 puncture wounds and ended up with a total of 11 stitches! It was so sad, he was very understandably upset... maybe even hysterical ! It was so sad i didn't know what to do for him! Today he milked it for all it was worth. He watched movies all morning, like 3, 4 hours worth! Then when his cousin came to bring him get well balloons and treats he was up playing with them and out in the sand box. That little stink, I waited on him all morning bring him what ever he asked for! :) He is on the mend, but he will be really sore... poor guy!
A top view:
The inside/under side of his leg:
Top/side view:
He is going to be really bruised too! :(

7 comments:

  1. Oh how awful. How awful. I think they should put that dog down. I don't care if it's a family pet. My son was bit at 18 months old and it was so traumatic. I will never ever own a dog now. Sure they can be trained, but deep down, dogs are dogs.

    I want to cry looking at those pictures -- poor boy! Poor you! I pray he will recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely awful! It looks terrible! Poor little guy, and no offense but dumb dog. I got bit in the eye twice, different dogs, growing up and I've not been a fan of dogs since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy! This is the second dog attack I've heard about this week!! I hope your neighbors insurance paid for the medical stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly Jill that is awful!!!!! Tough kid - hope he heals fast. And loses his memory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the most horrible thing I have ever heard!! I am so sorry that happened! Our prayers are with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! That's awful. Poor little guy. I hope he gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so sad Jill!! I hope he is recovering and not too scarred from all this. What a horrifying experience!

    ReplyDelete