1 month ago
12.11.09
scary!
A little history:
For the past 3 or 4 weeks Garrett and Leah both have had a bad cough and runny nose. I just figured it was something that went around and they just couldn't get rid of it. Didn't think anything more. No big deal right...?
Thing #2 is Garrett has been waking up the past week or 2 in the middle of the night and coming to try and get in our bed, we would just take him back in and he would go to sleep but then he would wake up real early in the morning like 5 or 6 and not be able to go back to sleep.
Now that you have the history, we will continue. Tuesday night he didn't wake up and come into our room. And Wednesday morning he didn't wake up early. Sweet! So about 8 o'clock I went in their room to check on them and they were both just laying there awake. For Leah that is a little more normal but for Garrett not at all normal!! So I got Leah out of bed and we just sat there and talked and played and Garrett just laid there. Then when he lifted his head up he said "hurt" and laid back down. He was holding his head just above his ear and behind it. So I asked him if his ear hurt and he said "no, head". I tried to pick him up and he just cried until he was held still again. And when he tried to take a drink of water hurt to lift his head up. So I got him dressed and gave him some tylenol, and put a movie on for him so I could shower. Then we ran to my mom's because thats what you do when you don't know what else to do. I had lost my phone for a couple days, so I couldn't just call. On the way over there I started crying like crazy, so by the way I looked I freaked my mom out when I walked in. We called the local Dr. and made an appointment, then called Josh to freak him out too. He said he would leave work and meet me at Dr. I told him not to but he wanted to be there if it was anything big. I was grateful he came. okay yatty, yatty, yatty. The Dr. came in and diagnosed him with strep throat! Not meningitis like my mom thought and not a cancerous tumor like Josh and I thought. He also had a bunch of fluid in his ears. All the build up and tension is what made is neck and head hurt, and is why he wasn't sleeping very well. Its crazy to be relieved with the rarity of strep throat, but we were. We are so grateful to have a heathly (relatively speaking) Garrett.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am glad it wasn't anything worse. Hopefully Leah doesn't get it too.
ReplyDeleteUgh, I hate sickness. I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog! Now I'm totally going to put you in my google reader (:
ReplyDeleteYour family is darling. Hope you get over the sickness and can have a nice holiday season.
That is so sad! I would have been crying too! It is so scary when you don't know what it is and they are acting different. Jack had a fever of 103.9 and it made me nervous. I hope Garrett is feeling better and you are getting more sleep!
ReplyDelete