5.10.09

The Lost Shoe

After making a trip to DI for one thing I made it out of there with nothing i planned on getting. Among those things was a much needed PAIR of soft, soled shoes for Leah. They were only a dollar - a steal! After DI we made our way to Wally world. I had shopped for about 10 minutes when I realized we only had one of Leah's shoes. I thought, 'how could we have lost a shoe after only having it for less than 1/2 hour. So I turned the cart around and began my search. I retraced my steps, for about 20 minutes. Looking down the same 10 rows about 2 times. Then I thought 'well its gone I am not going to find it. It was only a dollar.' But then I thought 'but its a pair of shoes that she needs.' So I said a prayer... in my head, not out loud. :) And looked one more time. I walked to the front of the store to see if we lost it as we walked in... no such luck. So I checked out and went to customer service to see if anyone turned it in to the lost and found... no luck there either. So I walked out to my car, still looking for it. Loaded my bags in the car and then thought ' you know I did say a prayer. I am going to go look one more time'. I walked the same path I had the first time. I had gone down the clearance isle and there in a pile of stuff that had fallen out of its box was THE SHOE! I was so happy to find it... so that is my story of prayer and faith. (even if it was just about a shoe)

2 comments:

  1. Prayer works! I am glad you pray about little things too...I think when we do then it's easier to pray about big things!!
    And, those are some mighty cute shoes for only $1! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jill you are so cute! I love that story! Prayer and faith go hand in hand and it payed off. Those shoes are worth looking for... so adorable!

    ReplyDelete