22.10.09

Play Group

I have a play group that I go to once a week. We have just started it back up and we are trying to see what day works out best for everyone. So whose ever turn it is to have it at their house they get to decide what day is best for them. This week it was my turn and we had decided to do it on Friday at 10:30. So today, Thursday, I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed when I heard the door bell. I throw some clothes on, thinking it was just a neighbor, and it is my whole play group! all of them! Like 5 other moms and all their kids. I have no make up, wet hair, and clothes on from the day before because they were the closest ones to put on. We had a misunderstanding. They all thought it was Thursday at 10:30 and I was planning on Friday. Good things: I had just wiped all my counters off. I had pretty much cleaned up (as in all the toys and things laying around), and I had just vacuumed. Bad things: I was going to go to the store to buy: the stuff to make lunch for everyone. because that is the deal you take a turn to have it at your house and you make lunch and then you get to go have lunch and play the next couple of weeks. I was also going to buy a new dust pan because mine broke so I could have clean floors. And I really needed to clean my toilet it was bad! But I wanted to buy a new scrub brush because mine was getting really gross and it just made the toilet worse. So today was going to be my preparing day for the play group and they caught me in the middle of it all. They all felt bad for barging in and I felt bad for not being prepared. Anyway it was just a funny day and I am not embarrassed anymore!

1 comment:

  1. i hate days like that! I love our little playgroup too! Ours is a set day though, wed at 10.

    ReplyDelete