27.8.09

I REFUSE to be...

So... I remember reading somewhere that if you find that you're often bored, and can't find anything for yourself to do, then YOU are a boring person! They came right out and said it! But I will NOT think of myself as a boring person, so i am looking to spice up my life ... somehow?... well as much as i can with 2 toddlers running around, tearing my house apart! :) We have had a great and fun summer. I love how busy we stay. But maybe its because school is starting that I think that summer is over and that winter is here. I have it in my head that I am going to be so bored like I was last winter, cooped up in the house all day, everyday. I refuse to have a boring, dull winter. So... I need suggestions from you because i might think a little on the boring side... I am looking for some fun projects to do with my kids, fun (cheap) projects for just me to do, I would love to hear of some good educational (but not over my head) books to read, or just some cute love story books. Really any ideas of things to do, to keep me busy, would be helpful!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I have a couple good books: "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society", "The Book Thief".

    For easy projects you could make magnets! Get some little clear pebbles from a craft store, mod podge some scrapbook paper to the back or even colored paper with letters printed on them for your kids and then hot glue magnets!

    Or you could always sew something...my favorite thing is quilts and most recently flannel baby rag quilts...if you can find flannel on sale they're really cheap and make great gifts! :)

    P.S. Can you believe summer is over??!! Where did it go? I'm not reader for winter to come and it is coming, fall is always too short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found me! You have such a cute little family. I'm glad we can follow each other now through our blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Jewls, but totally have to agree with her book choices! Loved both of them..in fact, I just finished "The Book Theif" last week!

    ReplyDelete